Positive psychology, which aims to make the person happier and more productive, gains importance in the development of happy, self-confident, and empathetic children. One of the most important points in child development is the way children are rewarded. If a child is rewarded, his self-confidence will increase. Hence, it becomes crucial to appreciate the children and to say “Good Job!” to them. But they should not be appreciated in every respect.
- When your child fulfills his/her responsibility alone
- When he/she achieves something for the first time,
- When he/she does a task successfully in school,
- When he/she listens to your word,
- When he/she has a positive act,
- When he/she performs a socially approved behavior.
Instead of saying “Good Job!” for everything the child does, you should say this on these conditions that will help him gain confidence.